The Global Women’s Institute and the Sexual Violence Research Initiative (SVRI) are partnering to promote safe and ethical Gender-Based Violence (GBV) research. The GBV Science Fair offers opportunities for your research to reach a global audience and have the potential to win prizes. To enter, simply create a short video abstract about your research during or after SVRI. Entries will be accepted until June 1, 2016!
Three videos will then be selected by an expert panel to receive a special prize to advance their research. The first place winner will receive free registration to the 2017 SVRI Forum and free lodging for the duration of the event. The second and third place winners will receive free registration to the 2017 SVRI Forum. Science Fair entries can also be considered for prizes in the cross-disciplinary 5-Minute Science Fair which will start taking 2016 entries this winter. All winners will have the opportunity to have their research fully disseminated in different important spaces.
Five experts in the field of Gender-based Violence (GBV) are chosen to decide the winners of the online GBV Science Fair. The judges score the individual videos according to the judging criteria outlined below to arrive at a group of finalist videos. The judges gather and discuss the results to verify they reflect the criteria and purpose of the GBV Science fair which seeks to encourage researchers to consolidate their ideas, crystalize their research discoveries, and share those broadly with the world.
1. Video presentations are limited to a maximum of 5 minutes. Submissions exceeding 5 minutes are automatically disqualified (with a 10 second grace period for turning on and off the recorder).
2. All submissions must be pinned to www.WeShareScience.com and have a completed entry form (below) by June 1, 2016.
3. Presentations are to be spoken word (e.g., no poems, raps or songs).
4. All decisions of the review panel are final.
5. You may submit multiple entries. All entries are considered in the "Best in Fair" competition. Only entries that indicate a specific discipline or topic area in the Entry Form will be eligible for prizes in those areas. If an entry is considered a winner for both a "Best in Fair" and a topic area prize, the prize of greater value will be awarded to that winner.
6. All winning entries will be required to provide documentation validating the authenticity of the research.
1. To enter, create a video abstract on your research.
2. Post the video abstract to www.WeShareScience.com following the provided instructions.
3. Complete an official entry form below: