The Global Women’s Institute and the Sexual Violence Research Initiative (SVRI) are partnering to promote safe and ethical Gender-Based Violence (GBV) research. The GBV Science Fair offers opportunities for your research to reach a global audience and have the potential to win cash prizes (either among GBV research or within the global cross-disciplinary 5-Minute Science Fair). To enter, simply create a short video abstract about your research during or after SVRI. Entries will be accepted until June 1, 2014!
The 5-Minute video abstracts which attract the most followers will become our top ten finalists! Three videos will then be selected by an expert panel to receive a cash prize: winner ($1000), runner-up ($500) and third place ($250). GBV Science Fair entries can also be considered for prizes in the cross-disciplinary 5-Minute Science Fair, so total prizes could be worth up to $5000.
The expert panel will take into account:
1. Video presentations are limited to a maximum of 5 minutes. Submissions exceeding 5 minutes are automatically disqualified (with a 10 second grace period for turning on and off the recorder).
2. All submissions must be pinned to www.WeShareScience.com and have a completed entry form (below) by June 1, 2014.
3. Presentations are to be spoken word (e.g., no poems, raps or songs).
4. All decisions of the review panel are final. The viewers’ choice prizes are based on the total number of “repins” and “likes” on www.WeShareScience.com as counted 10 days prior to the announcement of winners.
5. You can submit multiple entries. All entries are considered in the "Best in Fair" competition. Only entries that indicate a specific discipline or topic area in the Entry Form will be eligible for prizes in those areas. If an entry is considered a winner for both a "Best in Fair" and a topic area prize, the prize of greater value will be awarded to that winner.
6. All winning entries will be required to provide documentation validating the authenticity of the research.
1. To enter, create a video abstract on your research.
2. Post the video abstract to www.WeShareScience.com following the provided instructions.
3. Complete an official entry form below:
Scroll to Top