The 5-Minute Science Fair competition will be the first online global “science fair”. The competition will invite international researchers, across numerous disciplines, to participate by submitting short (5 minutes max.) narrated video presentations of their research. The 5-Minute Science Fair is not designed to trivialize or “dumb-down” research, but rather encourage researchers to consolidate their ideas, crystalize their research discoveries, and share those broadly with the world.
Presentation – Did the video clearly and concisely describe the research methods, findings, and applications? [20%]
Comprehension -- Did the video help the viewers understand the research (including the methods, findings, and applications)? [30%]
Innovation – Does the research help to significantly advance the discipline (e.g., technically, theoretically, methodologically)? [20%]
Application – Does the research have practical applications (e.g., for society, for business, for other disciplines, for other researchers)? [30%]
1. Video presentations are limited to a maximum of 5 minutes. Submissions exceeding 5 minutes are automatically disqualified (with a 10 second grace period for turning on and off the recorder).
2. All submissions must be pinned to www.WeShareScience.com and have a completed entry form (below) by January 1, 2014.
3. Presentations are to be spoken word (e.g., no poems, raps or songs).
4. All decisions of the review panel are final. The viewers’ choice prizes are based on the total number of “repins” and “likes” on www.WeShareScience.com as counted 10 days prior to the announcement of winners.
5. You can submit multiple entries, but you can only win one prize. All entries are considered in the "Best in Fair" competition. Only entries that indicate a specific discipline or topic area in the Entry Form will be eligible for prizes in those areas. If an entry is considered a winner for both a "Best in Fair" and a topic area prize, the prize of greater value will be awarded to that winner.
6. All winning entries will be required to provide documentation validating the authenticity of the research.
1. To enter, create a video abstract.
2. Post the video abstract to www.WeShareScience.com following the provided instructions.
3. Complete an official entry form below:
Scroll to Top